Felipe Misan was born in 1983 in Sao Paulo, Brazil and at the age of four he was diagnosed as autistic. Ever since early childhood, Felipe has shown that his greatest interests are in art and animals.
These interests have always been combined by Felipe through his representation of different forms of clay. At the age of five, Felipe had already learned to shape animal figures from "Play Doh". By the time he was thirteen, he began sculpting figures using air-dry clay and the following year he began using wax. More recently, he further developed his artistic talents using fired-clay at the Clay Art Center in Port Chester, NY.
Through the years, Felipe has continuously improved his techniques. This has allowed him to participate and earn awards in several art expositions as well as to hold his own exhibit. In addition, Felipe’s achievements has been recognized in the media through news articles and a TV interview.
- The Mystery of Creation" at the Clay Art Center, Port Chester, New York, 2004;
- Ardsley High School, Ardsley, NY 2004;
- ArtBrazil - A Celebration of South Florida's Contemporary Brazilian Art Scene at ArtServe, Fort Lauderdale, FL 2013;
- Second Prize - "Junior Craft expo" Purchase Performing Arts Center, SUNY, New York, 2003;
- Honorable Mention - "Junior Craft Expo" Purchase Performing Arts Center, SUNY, New York, 2001;
Media Reports (Click to go)